question

sunnyaditya avatar image
sunnyaditya asked sunnyaditya answered

Not able to find app-type option as mentioned in android app guide

The guide for building android apps : https://docs.clover.com/build/android-apps/

Mentions that app type should be set to android app. But, this option is not available.

From Guide [Check attachment] : Before you can test your app, you must upload an APK to install on your test device. First, expand the App Type > Android app for Clover devices heading on the Edit App page. The package name of your app will be set by the first APK you upload. This is the same as the package attribute in your AndroidManifest.xml.

The impact is my app is shown/available to be installed as web app but not available on the test device marketplace. My developer account is not yet approved so cannot add pricing/region as mentioned in one of the answers or do I need to do the steps in the sandbox account.

Thanks

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sunnyaditya avatar image
sunnyaditya answered
In case someone else is facing the same issue. The problem was resolved using a sandbox account. In the sandbox account there is no option for app type. I guess the guide is a bit old, please correct me if I am mistaken. Just upload the app and it will show on the test device marketplace.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community