question

travismroth avatar image
travismroth asked parquet76 answered

C#/ASP.net web + windows form on prem clover integration

I am looking for either fully working sample code and/or a visual studio SDK with methods, properties and objects that can be called within C# so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Server = asp.net windows IIS server running C# code and SQL.

On prem client = Visual Studio Windows Forms thick client.

Customer client = aspx C# web forms.

I need to:

1) Allow customers to enter credit card info on our proprietary and custom web page for reservations (although I can embed a checkout form from clover within the page) and charge the card. Presumably the webpage will obfuscate the credit card information client side, return a token to the server on post back, then allow the back end asp.net/c#/windows IIS server to make the call to clover and return success/fail of the transaction keeping the server in sync with the transaction and not rely upon the client to post back a successful transaction? The client will get returned a receipt or error page upon completion of the api call.

2) Allow staff to refund those transactions by referencing a token or other data stored in the database regarding that transaction, by calling a routine upon button press within a Visual Studio Windows Forms app.

I have some familiarity with the SDK authorize.net and slimcd.com have offered, but the company wants to use clover. Currently I am using the authorize.net accept.js and the SDKs on the back end, although I am OK making an api call also, but it would be awesome to have some sort of starting point. Can anyone point me to how others have solved these problems?

REST APIe-commerce apiAPI Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered

https://docs.clover.com/docs/clover-development-basics-ecommerce

Sounds like you want to use the hosted iframe.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community