question

Jai avatar image
Jai asked Miguel Deactivated commented

Magnetic gift card transaction

We are trying to give user facility to swipe gift card on custom tender.

On custom tender activity , Is it possible to swipe magnetic gift card and get data from it?

Thanks,

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Miguel avatar image
Miguel Deactivated answered Miguel Deactivated commented

You can swipe and read data from custom gift cards, but you will need to get the BINs whitelisted. To get your BINs whitelisted, please contact dev@clover.com.

Also note, your app will not be able to access the magnetic stripe reader directly. You will need to go through the Secure Pay app. If you are using a custom tender, that should work fine.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jai avatar image Jai commented ·

Thanks miguel for the response, It seems that clover supports scanning gift card from external terminal . What will be the process in that case?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jai avatar image Jai commented ·

Also If I get my BINs whitelisted from clover then will all the applications on tender screen will get card information or only my tender apps?

0 Likes 0 ·
Miguel avatar image Miguel commented ·

To use an external magnetic swipe reader, you will need to get that device whitelisted, but your app will interact with the hardware directly. For whitelisting, it should be only for a specific app, so other apps won't have access to that data.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community