question

Kavin Kannan avatar image
Kavin Kannan asked Kavin Kannan commented

Force Mag Swipe instead of Inserting Card for cards with ICC

I'm launching an intent from my activity to trigger secure card read.

final Intent intent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_SECURE_CARD_DATA);

When I try to swipe a credit card that has an EMV chip, then the clover device shows the screen "Please insert card instead of swiping". Is there a way I can by pass this and make the device to allow mag swiping only.

The reason behind is that, I am trying to read the card holder's info from the resulting PaymentRequestCardDetails. And so far what I found was, the firstName and lastName of the card holder is returned only for non EMV cards that are swiped, and these fields are returned as null when the cards are read through ICC Contact.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Kavin Kannan commented

First, the issue with cardholder name not being returned from ICC contact transactions should be fixed. Can you tell me your ROM version (Settings > About > Build number).

No, today you cannot accept a swipe with an EMV card, even when only collecting card data. It seems reasonable to allow that, but I'll have to check into it and file an internal issue here to figure it out.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kavin Kannan avatar image Kavin Kannan commented ·

Thanks for the response @jeff.

The build number shows as 1.24 1.23 I checked for system update today and I did not get any new updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

You are right, that version does not have the fix. The version with the fix should be released soon.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community