question

Alan avatar image
Alan asked Alan commented

Creating an invisible custom tender

Hi Clover, Sending the following to the tender v3 api creates a custom tender but doesn't set visible as false.

{
  "instructions": "Custom orders only",
  "visible": false,
  "editable": false,
  "label": "MyCustomTender",
  "opensCashDrawer": false,
  "supportsTipping": false,
  "enabled": true
}

The tender appears in the merchants tender options too. I've also tried POSTing an update to see if updates can modify the visibility, but that didn't change either.

I've noticed the clover defined external_payment tender's enable property is set to false, and that others are using that to mark their app's external payments. Is setting enable to false the correct approach if I create a tender myself?

Thank you, Alan

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered Alan commented

Hi Alan,

Yes, enable is the property which will allow you to hide your tender from merchants Register App during payment flow. This is the same as if the merchant turn it off in the payment tab of their Setup App. Even when enable = false, you will be able to POST a payment via API using the custom tender.

POST v3/merchants/{mid}/orders/{oid}/payments
{ "tender": { "id": [your custom tender id] }, "amount": 1234, "taxAmount": 100, "note": "test", etc...}

Visible is not a publicly POST-able parameter.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

Thanks Sam! That seems counter intuitive, the docs could do with some more info if you don't mind passing on my feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community