question

Alan avatar image
Alan asked Sean commented

Sandbox issues/bugs and items with variants on the web dashboard

Firstly, I am new to clover development, so apologies if I am overlapping here.

I've created a sandbox dev account and a test merchant on sandbox.dev.clover.com

I want to raise some issues/bugs/annoyances:

-1. Navigating through the merchant web dashboard

-Navigating around the web dashboard (at least in sandbox mode) is difficult. Clicking the 'clover' icon returns me to sandbox.dev.clover.com rather than the merchants web dashboard. Clicking into an app like inventory, then trying to return using the back button/stack does not work/stays looped in the inventory app. The only way of returning to the web dashboard is by opening the top right nav menu and clicking the merchant link. (Please correct me if I am wrong, I'd love to fix this small annoyance)

-2. Items with variants on the web dashboard

-It appears the docs are aware that this is undoable via the web dashboard. It's unfortunate as this is currently one of my main goals, to create an item with variants in order to test the api's item groups/items. It seems that I need to create a clover environment now instead? The fact that this is undoable via the web dashboard, can anyone comment on whether item's with variants are common in real stores/merchants or do they usually just use non-variable items?

-3. Safari browser support and EU issues on sandbox.dev.clover.com

-On Mac El Capitan, Safari gave the following error while trying to connect to any url at 'sandbox.dev.clover.com':"Safari can’t open the page “https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/”. The error is: “The server “sandbox.dev.clover.com” did not accept the certificate.” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1205)" Chrome worked for me.

-I'm also coming from the eu developer site. It took me a little while to figure out that I needed a US developer account before creating a sandbox dev account. I'm not entirely sure what the issue was, just wanted to raise here incase it wasn't known.

Thank you devask community, Alan

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Omar Reyes avatar image Omar Reyes commented ·

Following I have a similar issue. On Safari I receive an error stating "sandbox.dev.clover.com did not accept the certificate". On Chrome I can navigates to sandbox clover website, login, and return back with the access_token in the url. But I receive this error "communication error: Error getting device information" in the console I also receive this error "No Access-Control-Allow-Origin header is present. .." I am using the browser sdk semi integration.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image Sean commented ·

I also have problems with "2. Items with variants on the web dashboard".

But it's not about creating variant products. It's about variant products that I created in clover mobile, not showing as expected in the web dashboard. Variant products that I created in clover mobile seems to be working correctly, but when I checked the web dashboard, variant products are not grouped into one.

I already tried pulling inventory data with Clover API, each of the product variants are pulled as a separate items. I can't see anything in their properties to group them together.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Sean avatar image
Sean answered

Items created in Clover Mobile are not grouped as variant product in the web dashboard and Clover API.

Is there any reason for this? If so, then how do we identify items as variant products in the web dashboard and Clover API ?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community