question

david avatar image
david asked ronsay commented

What port do I use with remote-pay-windows?

I have a Clover mini devkit and I am using the remote-pay-windows SDK from https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-... . I need to find out what port the device is supposed to communicate on so that I can use it in this interface. The sample Windows application included with remote-pay-windows suggests a port of 14285 which does not seem to be correct, and port 8080 does not seem to be correct, either.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david avatar image
david answered

Would love it if this could get some attention. At least moderating to permit the link to show since it is Clover's own code.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ricardo Martinez avatar image
Ricardo Martinez answered

Hi David

I am not sure if this would help you, but if you go to Windows Services (Control Panel | Admin Tools | Services), you should be able to see two windows services:

• Clover Mini Rest Service
  • Clover Mini Web Socket Service

If you right click on "Clover Mini Web Socket Service" and then click on properties, the "Path to executable" field should have something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Clover\ ..... \CloverWindowsSDKWebSocketService.exe" /P 8889

I would think that is the port you are looking for.

I had never tested Web Socket communication with the Clover Mini (only USB), so I cant be sure about the port.

Hope this helps

10 |2000

blake avatar image
blake answered ronsay commented

The preferred way to connect to the device from the .NET dll is via USB. If you are using a non-.NET platform and can't use the .NET dll, we provide a REST interface (Clover REST Windows Service on port 8181) or WebSocket interface(Clover WebSocket Windows Service on port 8889). Both of these services leverage the USB connection internally, but expose a REST or WebSocket interface on Windows for communicating with the device.

We have an experimental application in development with limited visibility that will allow communication with the device directly using WebSockets instead of USB. The default port on the device, when running the LAN Pay Display app is 14285. Without the LAN Pay Display app, you can't use the "WebSocket (Device)" option in the Example App.

The 1.0 version of the SDK installer will only allow one of the three method to connect, as they can't coexist 1) DLL integration 2) REST service 3) WebSocket service

If you are planning to use the DLL, then you will need to stop or uninstall the REST and WebSocket service for pre-1.0 sdks.

1 comment
10 |2000

ronsay avatar image ronsay commented ·

Hi Blake, how can we download the LAN Pay Display app to test; and is this an app that will be released on the App Market soon? How can we use Cloud Pay app

The USB connection works just fine, but after a few transactions the connection stops firing events. It doesn’t completely disconnect, because it does receive DisplayOrders and triggers the Payment Processing, but hangs waiting for the signature approval event to respond; which the app cannot send the Accept response because the device never fires the event to verify the Signature. Very frustrating for the merchant. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community