question

hitomi avatar image
hitomi asked syslytic commented

How to use Clover SDK for Android PoS Integration sample code

That is really nice to have a sample application.

I would like to learn and use Clover SDK for Android PoS Integration to use Clover Mini for our POS payment device. https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-...

By following the instruction written in above, I am experiencing so many difficulties.

1. "Network Pay Display app" is not in the Clover app market. -> Is "Cloud Pay Display" the replacement?
  2. If so, I can not see "a web socket address" even after opening it.
  3. I cannot find the setting screen to set "a web socket address" after starting the app. -> Setting menu doesn't show anything.

So far, I cannot start learning the Android integration with Clover Mini.

My questions are: Q1. Does anyone have the latest information? Q2. Or is it too early to go into Clover for Android Integration? (Because it is v0.5)

My environment is: - Android Studio 2.1 - Clover Mini - Samsung galaxy note 4 (Android 5.1.1)

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sophia avatar image
sophia answered syslytic commented

The Network Pay Display App is not available in production right now. The README's will be updated to reflect that. You should use the USB Pay Display app. That will allow you to run a USB connection between your POS and the Mini.

If you bought a devkit, then it should come with a USB accessory cable you can use to connect your android table to the Mini dongle. Not all Android tablets will support the connection of another device as an accessory, so you will need check the specs on your particular device.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hitomi avatar image hitomi commented ·

Thank you! We will try USB.

0 Likes 0 ·
syslytic avatar image syslytic commented ·

Hi Hitomi are you done example remote-pay-android ?? with connect USB-pay-dislay ? could you help me how to connect with my Android tablet please! I plugged-in my tablet on USB doggle, but it's still disconnected. thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community