question

cocardbusiness avatar image
cocardbusiness asked roadkarma74 answered

Google Online Ordering - Customer name not showing on the Kitchen Order ticket

Hello, we've noticed that when customers place online order via Google online ordering site, the customer name does not print/show on the Kitchen printer. It makes it difficult to know who the order belongs to especially when it's a busy kitchen with multiple online orders.

We have "Customer information" enabled in the Order Receipts section, and we can also see the customer info in the Orders, but it needs to be on the Kitchen printer also. Please advise?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

Hello,

Have you tried contacting Clover support? This forum is for third party developers to ask questions about building apps on our platform. I would like to help, but we don't generally handle questions like this.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cocardbusiness answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Sorry they sent me here to report..yes no luck just to report the issue on the form.

6 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Can you explain what integration you are using? Is this Clover Online Ordering?
0 Likes 0 ·
cocardbusiness avatar image cocardbusiness David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
It’s Google Online ordering integrated with Clover Online
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ cocardbusiness commented ·
Thanks, I engaged the online ordering team here and they are going to be looking at some of the orders to see if they can figure out what is going on. Give us a few days, I will get back to you when I hear something.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
kelvin avatar image
kelvin answered cocardbusiness commented

This is because Google online order doesn't use Customer field as other Clover Order does. instead it entered customer information to online order data field. Google online order developer should have followed same pattern and link Customer object to Order like Clover Online or In-Store Order does.

3 comments
10 |2000

cocardbusiness avatar image cocardbusiness commented ·

Would this need to be addressed collectively with Clover and Google to find a fix or is this on Google dev to fix the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ cocardbusiness commented ·
Can you provide your merchant id/name, we will look into this.
0 Likes 0 ·
cocardbusiness avatar image cocardbusiness David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

526503210101515 The Grand Indian Cuisine

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Does this always happen or is the problem intermittent?

10 |2000

cocardbusiness answered

This always happens it has not worked.

10 |2000

roadkarma74 avatar image
roadkarma74 answered

Found a solution: https://youtu.be/F7wnLRAP5k4

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community