question

saru-fivestars avatar image
saru-fivestars asked ddzhang answered

can the older epson TML90 model M165C be used as a sticky label printer on clover.

We need to convert a non-clover merchant ( 26 stores) from windows to clover. they want to retain their older serial TML90. happy to exchange them to USB interfaces, hoping the printer itself is supported. worried that clover is fussy with the VID/PID or specific model it supports?

Print
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devm avatar image
devm answered

unfortunately no. Clover only supports Epson TM-L90 M313A for sticky label printing.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

saru-fivestars answered

For clarity.. there are 2 models.

C31C412416, USB & Serial, Epson Labels & Standard Thermal Paper

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdZr2gGRCcy1jDPRLviCUxQosqZYmNdi/view?usp=sharing

This seems to be what gong cha are using now, albeit newer as it supports 60 mm wide paper rolls with Die cut labels of approx 2.245 x 1.25 inches.

There is a mother model

C31C412A7891, Serial & USB, 40/58/80MM Media, Sticky Thermal Paper

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pJI5_VPcV-925YTyhxoss_An5LCoVwLl/view?usp=sharing

Which supports continuous label paper ( often referred to as Sticky paper. by max stick. ) of 58 mm wide.

Please confirm if both/ either is supported?

I want to be sure.. 1 I purchase Gongcha the correct printer and 2 the media they currently have is supported.

10 |2000

saru-fivestars answered andrew4ceo commented

Thanks for the reply. BTW. the model you mentioned is the peeler model.

This model is not ideal as it delivers 1 label at a time. the flow at the store is to print a set of labels for the entire order, take the labels over to the prep area and apply to the items.

the model they would prefer to use is the Epson TM-L90 M313A

I have one of these now.

My issue is the printer is not being recognized by either my mini or Station 2018.

I have set the USB interface to both vendor class and printer class, and it's not being detected in the print app in clover

Is there another setting I need?

1 comment
10 |2000

andrew4ceo avatar image andrew4ceo commented ·

M313A works with linerless labels but not as good as the labels with liners.

The M313C is preferred if you need labels for each cup. You can set it so that it cuts AFTER an order is complete. So if you have 10 items, it will print 10 labels and then cut it after the 10th label is printed.

0 Likes 0 ·
saru-fivestars answered

I have an Epson TM-L90 M313A but it's not being recognized by my clover. Should the USB interface be in vendor class or printer class (vendor class is the default).

10 |2000

saru-fivestars answered

Is it possible that Epson label printers are not supported on sandbox clovers or production minis?

10 |2000

ddzhang avatar image
ddzhang answered ddzhang published

my m313a (continuous sticky label, not gap) is also not recognized by the clover station. would m313c work?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community