question

mcdev avatar image
mcdev asked pankaj commented

What are the valid values for STATE on an order?

What are the valid values for the STATE data of an order, both when creating an order via POST and when receiving an order via GET? The documentation does not seem to provide a list of possible values. It also lists STATE as optional, but for a created order to be visible everywhere, the state must be set as is evident from a separate issue here: Orders created through the REST API are not showing up on my account

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark R avatar image
Mark R answered pankaj commented

Order states are null, open and locked. if you are looking for different Payment states, then following will give you the list of those. Got it from clover V2 api REST API reference docs.

OPEN | PAID | REFUNDED | CREDITED | PARTIALLY PAID | PARTIALLY REFUNDED

Noticed a new state is also there with V3 -- MANUALLY REFUNDED

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pankaj avatar image pankaj commented ·

I am using Clover API v3, Can you please tell the method Name that I can use to get list of Payment Status liek you mentioned above? OPEN | PAID | REFUNDED | CREDITED | PARTIALLY PAID | PARTIALLY REFUNDED I have also posted on question here: http://devask.clover.com/question/364...

0 Likes 0 ·
Duane Moore avatar image
Duane Moore answered pankaj commented

Actually the "open, paid, refunded..." etc. states are what we would call "Payment State". The Order "state" field would normally be either not set (null) for a new order, "open" for an order that should be displayed in the user interface, but may still be actively modified, or "locked" for an order that should no longer be modified as the merchant has started accepting payments. These aren't strictly enforced through the services, which is why the state field is not represented as an enum.

FYI, for payment state, the "MANUALLY REFUNDED" option replaced "CREDITED" to eliminate confusion of credit card transactions versus manual refunds (aka credits) that transfer money directly onto an existing card.

3 comments
10 |2000

pankaj avatar image pankaj commented ·

I am using Clover API v3, Can you please tell the method Name that I can use to get list of Payment Status liek you mentioned above? OPEN | PAID | REFUNDED | CREDITED | PARTIALLY PAID | PARTIALLY REFUNDED I have also posted on question here: http://devask.clover.com/question/364...

1 Like 1 ·
Mark R avatar image Mark R commented ·

Thanks Duane! That helps to understand it better!

0 Likes 0 ·
omkar avatar image omkar commented ·

Is there any way of setting user defined state(Waiting for prepare /waiting for assign) in place of this system state ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community