question

mpearl3536 avatar image
mpearl3536 asked mom2aboy answered

Inventory Spreadsheet Upload Issues

I am having issues uploading the Inventory Spreadsheet that I downloaded from the Clover Dashboard to upload our Inventory. I have followed all instructions correctly with format and requirements with the spreadsheet and it continuously generates an error "row1, please make sure your headers say...." and that's it and won't upload. Clover support was unable to assist and didn't know why the error was happening. Any assistance or feedback would be appreciated.

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mom2aboy avatar image
mom2aboy answered

1.) Are you downloading the template from the web dashboard and using the latest one?

2.) Usually with errors in row1 etc, it has to do with the fact that people either delete row1 by accident or out something else in the blank, etc. Are you leaving the header alone in row 1 at the top or are you deleting it?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mom2aboy avatar image
mom2aboy answered mpearl3536 commented

One last question, is it ROW1 but what column that you are having the issue with?

1 comment
10 |2000

mpearl3536 avatar image mpearl3536 commented ·
Thank you for the reply and assistance. It is the latest Inventory Spreadsheet downloaded from the Clover Dashboard. What I'm getting when trying to upload is 9 errors that are related to headers for Items, Modifier Groups, Categories, and Tax Rates. The error says "make sure you have the following headers" and I have all the headers in place that it wants. Yes, the header is in tact I'm row 1, however I am missing the first column that says "Clover ID". would that be an issue and if so, what info needs to go under that column? Thanks again!
0 Likes 0 ·
mom2aboy avatar image
mom2aboy answered mpearl3536 commented

Yes, this would definitely cause errors in uploading to Clover. Even though you might not have Clover IDs yet (if this is your first upload) you still need a space holder there, so I would add that column back and just place that space holder there. You won't likely have anything to out there because Clover generates it's own Clover IDs after your first inventory upload.

1 comment
10 |2000

mpearl3536 avatar image mpearl3536 commented ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add the Clover ID column and try again. If that still produces the same errors, any other recommendations? Is there a level 2 support group for Clover that can assist?
0 Likes 0 ·
richrichrich avatar image
richrichrich answered

You can try to delect the CLOVER ID row, and keep it empty. after that ,you can try again

10 |2000

mom2aboy avatar image
mom2aboy answered

There is definitely Tier 2. You simply need to hit HELP or call me feature at top right hand of dashboard and Clover will contact you. After basic account verification, you can ask the agent for a case number, and ask them to transfer it to tier 2. I think if you will just add the heading back to ROW 1 but leave the actual row below it blank this might take care of your issue. Last, you should hopefully have your Clover sales agent, assuming that you didn't order directly from Clover, and ask he or she for assistance as well. That's what our job is to help our clients get properly set up.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community