question

rblanchette avatar image
rblanchette asked rblanchette commented

Double charge issue

Starting about a week a ago, i have some transaction that are now charge in double to the customer. It is the case for debit (for the first week debit only) and now with credit card too.

They have the same external ID, same amount of transaction, same tip to server, same time of transaction.

After a call to Clover support, they told me it is because, my customer are taping twice so they take double payments ??!!??!! Really ???? We do use the app "secure table pay". the app has the same ID for both identical payment. And the problem is also happening when not using the app, so i do not think the problem is the app.

Is there a way to prevent this ??? never had this issue in the prior 2 years with clover. Never had this issue in the prior 5 years with another company.

Clover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Do you have a payment id where a double charge occurred?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rblanchette avatar image
rblanchette answered

yes. 2 different ID, same external ID, same Secure table pay ID

1652716776722.png

1652716776722.png (23.3 KiB)
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I have spoken with our support team about this and they have created a ticket on our end. This appears to be a bug.

10 |2000

rblanchette avatar image
rblanchette answered rblanchette commented

Ok, i suppose i will get a call from them. i will wait. thanks

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I am not sure you will get a call, our engineering teams will look at the issue. Please note, this forum is not for merchant support. We provide support to third party developers that build apps on our platform. I will do my best to keep you updated but this is really not the correct channel for these types of reports.
0 Likes 0 ·
rblanchette avatar image rblanchette David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
OK, Thanks. Sorry to have written in this forum, but you have given me the first hope for resolving this issue. As stated in the first post, technical support just said "it your problem, don't tap twice !!!" can't really fix anything with that kind of that kind of answer. Thank you very much for your help. i will be on the look out for any news you have. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community