question

stevclem avatar image
stevclem asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Reassigning orders to another customer

I am a Clover user, not a Clover developer. I don't know anything about API's nor do I want to know anything about API's. I just want a simple fundamental function and I am trying to find out if it exists in Clover or in a third party app.

I have situations where my Clover POS users will occasionally forget to process some orders starting with a customer record. For example, they might process a cash or check order, then after the fact they realize that they should have started the order with a customer. I want the ability, after the fact, to reassign that cash/check order to the appropriate customer. This seems like a pretty basic capability, but I am not finding a way to do that. Is there something I am missing that would help resolve this gap? Is there a third party app that will do this?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

This forum is for Clover developers, and we generally answer questions about our API, etc. There may be a third party app that does this, I am not sure. I don't think there is a way to do this via standard Clover POS functions.

This can be done quite easily via API (which I know you are not interested in, but someone else may be):

POST to https://docs.clover.com/reference/orderupdateorder

{   
   "customers": 
   [
     {            
       "id": "customerIdHere" 
     }    
   ]
} 

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community