question

quinnsunday avatar image
quinnsunday asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

API Payments reporting under every employee

Hello!

Our integration sends payments to Clover. When we do this we include the employee ID of the employee on the order.

However, when looking at employee's payments, employee who's IDs we don't send are seeing as done our payments.

Has anyone hear about this happen? Would there be a way to make sure our payments report only under the employee who we sent their id for?

Thanks!

REST APIPaymentsEmployees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

I haven't looked at this in quite some time, but I believe the payment will be associated with the owner of the access token you are using which should generally be the owner of the merchant account. Is that what you are seeing?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelelias avatar image
michaelelias answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I've run into this issue as well. The API allows setting an employee ID when adding a payment to an order through the REST API. On Sandbox the employee is set correctly on the payment, but in production, the default employee of the Clover account is used and the provided employee is ignored.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I don't see how this behavior is not different across environments. The employee associated with the payment should always be the owner of the token being used to make the API call.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community