question

garyp avatar image
garyp asked garyp commented

Are object IDs that come from the REST API totally unique? And, what is the meaning of other fields coming from the API?

We are doing a daily download of our order data from Clover using the REST API. We need to send the data to our accounting department, but they need some information about the data itself.

1. How unique are the Order IDs, LineItem IDs, Payment IDs, etc.? I have 10 merchant accounts and 300 Clover Mobiles. Are these IDs unique across all merchant accounts AND Clover units - that is, will we EVER see a duplicate Order ID?

1a. Or EVER see a duplicate LineItem ID?

1b. Or EVER see a duplicate Payment ID?

1c. Or EVER see a duplicate CardTransaction ID?

1. What are the possible Order State values?

2. What does each Order State mean?

3. What are the possible Order Type values?

4. What does each Order Type mean?

5. What are the possible Order PayType values?

6. What does each PayType mean?

7. What is the CardTransaction Reference ID?

8. What is the ReferenceID used for?

9. What is the CardTransaction TransactionNo?

10. What is the TransactionNo used for?

11. What is the CardTransaction AvsResult?

12. What is the AvsResult used for?

13. What are the possible CardTransaction Type values?

14. What does each CardTransaction Type mean?

15. What are the possible CardTransaction State values?

16. What does each CardTransaction State mean?

17. Are the answers to these questions in documentation somewhere?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered garyp commented

Yes, you can assume Clover IDs are unique. It is possible for there to be a collision, but considering there are 3.6893488e+19 possible values it's unlikely. We assume they are unique.

Are the answers to these questions in documentation somewhere?

No. It's something we are working on.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

garyp avatar image garyp commented ·

Fine, but someone there knows the answers. So how about some answers! We have 300 clover devices going live in 1 week. This is the only tech support available. So answer the questions. Why provide the REST API and no documentation? It would take one person who knows the answers ten minutes to answer these questions. Then everyone will know. What's going on????

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Perhaps if you have some specific questions that are preventing you from going live you ask those?

0 Likes 0 ·
anthonypinto avatar image
anthonypinto answered

Hi Gary, before I add on to Jeff's answer, I want to make a couple comments. First, since this is a question and answer forum, I would ask that moving forward you keep questions as focused as possible, to allow the post to be searchable for the wider user base. Second, please do understand that you are working with a rapidly growing, and developing platform, with many different, very specific features. As Jeff stated, building better, sustainable documentation is a priority, but it will also continue to be a moving target.

All that being said, it is always good to see passionate interest in the platform.

In this case it sounds like the driving question is 'how to provide the necessary data to your accounting department'. I would recommend refining your question to clarify what information is needed by your accounting department, so we can better address that concern. I bring this up, because most of the specific questions you list have to do with the cardTransaction object, used as a record of the transaction with a merchant's payment gateway. This would not typically be relevant to accountancy.

I will briefly address as many of the specific questions as I can :

1 to 1c Clover UUIDs are scoped to the merchant and the category. Meaning they are unique for the object type for the merchant. But could hypothetically collide accross types/merchants - see Jeff's comment

1 + 2 http://devask.clover.com/question/137...

3 + 4 you can get a sense of the usage from the examples here: https://help.clover.com/order-types/?... - note that order types are still a feature in progress, and some functionality is not complete (hidden, etc...)

5 + 6 Pay type represents how payments were divided (if relevant) for the order. The enum options are: SPLITGUEST, SPLITITEM, SPLIT_CUSTOM, FULL

7 + 8 CardTransaction is an expandable object reference from payment, for a cardtransaction object - a record of the payment gateway transaction

9 + 10 An identifier used by the payment gateway regarding the initiating device - this is unlikely to be important to a third party app

11 + 12 Address verification service, not used by 3rd party developer pay.

13 + 14 Gateway record of the nature of the transaction: AUTH, PREAUTH, PREAUTHCAPTURE, ADJUST, VOID, VOIDRETURN, RETURN, REFUND, NAKEDREFUND, GETBALANCE, BATCHCLOSE, ACTIVATE, BALANCELOCK, LOAD, CASHOUT, CASHOUTACTIVESTATUS, REDEMPTION, REDEMPTIONUNLOCK, RELOAD

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community