question

James Tickett avatar image
James Tickett asked James Tickett commented

Can we prompt for PIN Unlock?

We've recently been testing our app on a Nexus 7, and have noticed that when we lock the screen and unlock again, it returns to our app and does not prompt for PIN. We only noticed this because employeeConnector returns employee as null when this happens.

I've noticed that if we return to the menu/launcher it will prompt PIN, and if we have another Clover app open in the background then it will prompt PIN when unlocking.

The problem only seems to occur when there are no other Clover apps running and our app has been in the foreground when locking.

Is there some way we can enforce PIN entry?

Employees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered James Tickett commented

How "lock" works on Clover vs. non-Clover devices is very different. There's no pretense of the lock being secure of comprehensive for non-Clover devices. Since Clover doesn't own the firmware, it can't co-opt of the lock mechanism of the hardware it's running on to be based on the Clover employee. We do have an app-based "lock screen" that kicks in on non-Clover devices. However, we obviously have no way of enforcing it unless a Clover app is running.

The long and short of it is that if you want to test lock screen behavior, you should get a devkit. As far as your app's behavior when there's no employee, I can't comment since I have no idea what is your app.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

I was hoping there might be a broadcast, intent, or activity that we can trigger. Even if we launched the lock-screen app whenever our app is paused... it's better than nothing.

We have Station, Mini, and Mobile devkits, but now we're trying to support non-clover devices running the clover engine.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community