question

James Tickett avatar image
James Tickett asked James Tickett commented

How can I switch Employees in the Clover Emulator?

On the physical device (devkit) you unlock using a PIN so it knows which Employee you are. When I press the Power button in Genymotion though, it only blacks out the screen and doesn't offer a PIN unlock screen.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another method of switching Employee?

Thanks

Employees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jim-patel avatar image
jim-patel answered James Tickett commented

If you hit the lock icon in the bottom right corner of the Launcher it will take you to the employee PIN entry screen.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

Hi Jim,

I don't seem to have that on my screen. The Closeout button, User name & lock, Sales/Tips totals etc are absent from my emulator.

0 Likes 0 ·
anthonypinto avatar image
anthonypinto answered

As a temporary work around while the missing 'lock' button is addressed for emulator there are a couple things you can try:

1. When you enter an app like Register or Sale, it will display the name of the currently logged in employee in the menu bar, you can click this name and select 'Log Out' from the options - this will let you log back in with a different employee PIN

2. You can go to Setup > Payments and select Log out after each order. Again, allowing you to log in using a different employee PIN.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community