question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

No Activity found to handle Intent { act=clover.intent.action.CUSTOMER_ADD_TIP (has extras)

Hello,

I am trying to fire ACTION_CUSTOMER_ADD_TIP to collect tips. However, when I start the activity, I get the exception below. I have no problem starting ACTION_SECURE_CARD_DATA and it works fine. Also ACTION_CLOVER_PAY works fine as well. I am just unable to start ACTION_CUSTOMER_ADD_TIP. What am I doing wrong or missing?

By the way, I am using Clover Station 2018 for development

2019-10-08 17:49:17.954 13054-13054/com.customerconnect.orderkiosk.clover E/TransparentPaymentActivity: Error starting payment activity.
    android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=clover.intent.action.CUSTOMER_ADD_TIP (has extras) }
        at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1819)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1526)
        at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:4279)
        at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:4237)
        at com.customerconnect.orderkiosk.clover.clover.TransparentPaymentActivity2.collectTip(TransparentPaymentActivity2.java:146)
        at com.customerconnect.orderkiosk.clover.clover.TransparentPaymentActivity2.launchCloverPayment(TransparentPaymentActivity2.java:154)
        at com.customerconnect.orderkiosk.clover.clover.TransparentPaymentActivity2.doLaunchPayment(TransparentPaymentActivity2.java:81)
        at com.customerconnect.orderkiosk.clover.clover.TransparentPaymentActivity2.onCreate(TransparentPaymentActivity2.java:45)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6733)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1120)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2619)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2727)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap12(ActivityThread.java)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1478)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6121)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:889)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:779)

PaymentsClover Station 2018
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

I meant I have no problem starting ACTION_SECURE_PAY or ACTION_CLOVER_PAY. Just have problem starting ACTION_CUSTOMER_ADD_TIP.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
I recommend you use Payment Connector instead of firing raw intents, there are differences in how you fire intents on different devices? That being said, have you tried searching the community? https://community.clover.com/questions/16332/station-2018-action-secure-pay-tip-issue-3.html
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
This is a bug. I filed an internal issue to get it fixed. I don't have an ETA however. There's no workaround you'll either have to implement your own tip acceptance on Station 2018 or not support that device type.
10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community