question

gnibloop avatar image
gnibloop asked gnibloop commented

Pairing screen pop up frequently

Our pos app got pairing request very frequent, usually 1-2 times every day ( among 100-200 charges actions). We even set the expiration time of pairing code 1000 days. It just keep pop up pairing screen randomly. Really annoy to our customers. Is there hint that something wrong with our integration?
semi-integrationsRemote Pay iOS
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered gnibloop commented
How do you store the token after a successful pairing? It would indicate to me that you aren't passing the token on subsequent connection attempts. Also, you should be connecting to and maintaining a connection to the device.
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gnibloop avatar image gnibloop commented ·
Well, we store the token in ios flash and by debugging we found everytime we DID passed the correct token saved last time. Regarding the maintaining connection. Could you tell me more about it. Right now we just initialize the connection once when first time access the clover device and keep the instance in static class.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks for the help David. We actually get those info from our production debug log, which proves the token passed is exactly same as we stored and also verified they are correct because they already worked for some time. Right now we more suspect it's due to the connection issue. Since it happens very likely after app enter foreground after sleeping mode. So my question is whether we have some method to detect the connection is stilled maintained and can you confirm that what is related to connection that will trigger this pairing process. (such as trying to do sale/auth over an actually disconnected instance ...?)
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ gnibloop commented ·

What version of the iOS SDK are you using? If you have a POS deployed in production and you are asking how you can determine if the device is connected, that's a problem. There are a few handlers on the ICloverConnector listener that you should be using to determine this (onDeviceDisconnected, onDeviceError, etc.). However, the connector won't allow you to make a sale if the device is not connected. Is this a new problem or something you have seen for quite some time? How many merchants is your app installed on and how many merchants are having the problem? What device types? If you can isolate when this happens and use the sendDebugLog API on ICloverConnector we can see the device logs and perhaps get a hint.

0 Likes 0 ·
David, we have investigate more carefully on our part. Looks like we got answer for this problem. Every time when user press four finger on corner to quit the network pay app and then restart network pay app again there will be a new paring code automatically created (if our pos App still stay on foreground) and our app should store it to flash right away to replace the old one. We will see whether this fix the problem completely. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered
Well, we store the token in ios flash and by debugging we found everytime we DID passed the correct token saved last time. 
I assume this is local debugging, not production? Do you have production logs that verify your claim? It sounds like you have an ios based POS, and are storing the tokens locally. The most likely explanation is that the tokens are being removed or they are not being passed correctly.

Regarding the maintaining connection. Could you tell me more about it. Right now we just initialize the connection once when first time access the clover device and keep the instance in static class.
It sounds like you are managing the connection correctly.
10 |2000

David Marginian Deactivated answered gnibloop commented
Please answer the rest of my questions:

Is this a new problem or something you have seen for quite some time? What device types?
I think my question is if the clover network pay app communication is actually disconnected due to long time no ping response from our ios app (in sleeping mode), then when our ios app wake up and call the auth/sale over the original cloverconnector instance, WILL it trigger the "paring" process ?
The pairing process SHOULD NOT be triggered in this situation (assuming our previous discussion about you passing the correct token). If you are seeing the pairing screen I would consider this a bug. That being said both Secure Network Pay Display and the iOS SDK are widely used and I do not see any external or internal reports mentioning this or similar problems.

I am going to look into this a bit more in the meantime you should attempt to reproduce it in your local/dev environments and provide us with more information. Also, using the sendDebugLog API may be a good step to take. That way we can see the merchant's device logs when this occurs (you will have to send a private post with the merchant ids you want me to look at).
1 comment
10 |2000

We are using XCode 10.1 , clover remotepay.ios 3.0.2. And we have about 10 restaurants using our app and almost all of them are having this problem. I think my question is if the clover network pay app communication is actually disconnected due to long time no ping response from our ios app (in sleeping mode), then when our ios app wake up and call the auth/sale over the original cloverconnector instance, WILL it trigger the "paring" process ? Can you confirm this behavior?
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community