question

robsmitha avatar image
robsmitha asked robsmitha answered

Print Order Receipt or Payment Receipt based on OrderType

We are using the REST API to create Orders as specific OrderTypes. I need some help configuring the receipt printer to print different receipts based on the OrderType of the given Order.

On https://www.clover.com/us/en/help/enter-order-types/, the help content indicates this functionality is achievable. See below:

" Order types are a great way to inform your staff how to ring up and prepare an order. For example, a restaurant cashier can take a To Go order, which then gets printed on the order receipt for the kitchen."

I appreciate your insight on this matter.
Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
I think you are asking if you can auto-route payment receipts to a particular printer based on the order type. That is not possible.

You can associate printers with item labels to route order receipts to particular printers based on the items in the order... but that does not sound like what you are looking for.

FYI this is a developer forum for folks writing applications to work with Clover. If you are a merchant looking for information on how to use your Clover you will have better luck working with customer support.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
We have built an app to do this called Smart Print. Feel free to reach out if you want any more information support@tickett.net
10 |2000

robsmitha avatar image
robsmitha answered
OrderType will print on your receipt if you set it when creating an order using the REST API. This ticket can be closed.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community