question

biteheist avatar image
biteheist asked Frank Faustino Deactivated commented

Why does auto printing randomly stop working?

We got 2 alerts from clients today saying orders are not auto printing. They worked perfectly for months until today. We have changed nothing on our end and even verified that the token is verified.

Print
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

biteheist avatar image biteheist commented ·

Can either of you help me? When a new app was designated to DEFAULT, all clients lost the ability to get our push notifications. Now, each client must redownload the app so I get a new token. What is going on here?

@Jeffrey Blattman @Jacob Abrams

0 Likes 0 ·

@Chanel anyone have time for this question?

0 Likes 0 ·
Frank Faustino avatar image Frank Faustino ♦♦ commented ·

Hello, @biteheist.

In order to better assist you, can you please describe the app flow where the auto printing takes place? In particular, what is triggering the printing event? It would also be useful if you include a MCVE.

0 Likes 0 ·
It turns out all tokens were changed when the app was updated. We didn't know that would happen. We had to have all our clients uninstall then reinstall our apps.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Frank Faustino avatar image
Frank Faustino Deactivated answered Frank Faustino Deactivated commented

Ah, that makes sense. App permissions have to be granted again. I'm glad to hear everything's worked out though.

7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Can you show me in the docs where this is mentioned so I can pass it on?

Also, how is the process of obtaining the tokens once an app is updated and how do I know the app has been updated on each of our client terminals?

0 Likes 0 ·
Frank Faustino avatar image Frank Faustino ♦♦ biteheist commented ·

Our resource for app permissions can be found here: https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/permissions

When you say "app is updated", do you mean when a new APK is uploaded and approved?

0 Likes 0 ·
biteheist avatar image biteheist Frank Faustino ♦♦ commented ·

It was approved months back but I forgot to set it to default. Once I did, I lost all tokens for installed apps.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community