question

labventures avatar image
labventures asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

How can I print a order I added via the API

Hi I'm creating the orders via the API but it's not printing the items, is there a specific API call I need to use in order to have it actually print the order once it's opened ?
OrdersPrint
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered zgreathouse Deactivated commented
You cannot print using the Rest API. You would need to have a native app installed on a clover device which listens for when an order is created and uses the PrintJob SDK to send a print job with the new order information.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

james avatar image james commented ·

So if I have an iOS app, and place an order through the REST API in the application, I need to write another application to be installed to be installed on their actual POS device??

Is this app java based? web based? how does that work?

0 Likes 0 ·
zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse james commented ·

Clover Devices run on a modified Android OS, so it would be a Java app which sends the print job.

The order itself can be created and payment can be processed online within a web app. You can use the Rest API to send a notification to your native app on a Clover device. However, a listener needs to be set up within your native app to receive the notification. By including the Order ID in your notifications payload, from there you can use the reference from the notification's payload to know which order needs to be fetched. Once fetched you can send a print job with the Order information through your native app.

0 Likes 0 ·
labventures avatar image
labventures answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
Understood, if I add a APK to my webapp would I need to go through the approval process again?
3 comments
10 |2000

zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse commented ·

Your APK would need to be approved, but this is a different process than getting your app published on the App Market for the first time and wouldn't require nearly as much review. For instance your app would not require the same legal review.

0 Likes 0 ·
nextseat avatar image nextseat commented ·

Hello zgreathouse, would you comment on how to print from Clover Orders App ?

Please look Google Cloud print API, if Clover can enable apps to print easily, it will save lot of time for restaurant staff, developers and more value to your POS.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ nextseat commented ·

To print from the Clover Orders app you select a order and choose "reissue receipts". We don't run Google software on our devices so integrating w/ that is not possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community