question

shortkut-dev avatar image
shortkut-dev asked Miguel Deactivated edited

App fails to install with INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES.

We have an app submited for approval and making changes to it to proceed with approval process. however, the new version of the app fails to install after I download the old version from clover and try to install the new version

It gives an error INSTALLPARSEFAILEDINCONSISTENTCERTIFICATES

Our Certs haven't changed. What could be wrong?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered Miguel Deactivated edited
If you're seeing this error "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES", or having issues with maintaining permissions when sideloading, please take a look at this quick video and documentation on steps to properly sideload on Clover Devkits:

Video instructions
https://youtu.be/Sk0aZzlocog

Additional Documentation https://community.clover.com/articles/10448/how-to-sideload-an-apk-onto-clover-devices-for-dev.html
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered Brock Allen edited

It is possible that the old one is signed with your production key and the new one is signed with your debug key. On top of that, all Clover apps have gone through multiple signing stages which could also cause the certificates to mismatch, once on upload and again before publishing.

Regardless, simply uninstall the old version and then install the new version as a separate command.

• adb uninstall
  • adb install
1 comment
10 |2000

Brock Allen avatar image Brock Allen commented ·

@Mike M That fixes the inconsistent certificate error, but now I get a permissions error: "com.clover.sdk.v1.ForbiddenException: status code: 403 App doesn't have required permission: package ... does not have permission INVENTORY_R"

The app works fine if I install it from the app market, but as soon as I install a debug version it throws permissions errors immediately. Any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
benv avatar image
benv answered
Sandbox sideloading is known to be broken:

https://clover.cloud.answerhub.com/answers/9500/vi...

tl;dr:
1: adb install (or install from android studio)
2: install from app store
3: sideload as usual
10 |2000

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered Dan commented
,Hitting this same stumbling block and can't get the uninstall/reinstall thing to work and retain the permissions. Any suggestions?
1 comment
10 |2000

Dan avatar image Dan ♦ commented ·

Are you uninstalling from the app market, or using adb uninstall com.example.mypackage?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community