question

rohitpandey avatar image
rohitpandey asked rohitpandey commented

Why Authorization code Keeps on changing when app is launched from dashboard of clover?

Hi,

I installed an app in my clover merchant account. It is known to me that after successful installation of app we are redirected to 'Site Url' mentioned within the app with the query string parameters which are generally returned by 'oauth/Authorize' api method.

It means that after app installation, "https://www.clover.com/oauth/authorize" method triggers automatically by returning required parameters. Same happens when I launch the same application from dashboard of clover which changes the 'Authorization Code' labelled as 'code' within query string returned.

This makes the authorization code keep on changing and based on that code I have to look for access token again and again. Can't it be like that authorization code stay same making access token also intact.

Please reply Asap as development is going on.

Thanks!

OAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered rohitpandey commented

The code is going to change every time you go through the OAuth process, that randomness helps drive the secure nature of OAuth.

Please note, that despite the changing code (and the access token it corresponds to), your previous access token should still work (as far as my preliminary testing can determine). The token currently will only stop working when the app is uninstalled or after it has expired.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rohitpandey avatar image rohitpandey commented ·

Thanks mike :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community