question

Justin Lee avatar image
Justin Lee asked Sukhbir Singh edited

Pre-authorization use for Bar tab

We are trying to use Pre-auth for using at a Bar. Store card data as pre-authorized of $0.01 and use that info to make payment at the end of the order.Currently, we were able to pull Register app and swipe the card on Register app screen. Which saved last 4 digit card number in the system.
Question,
1. Is there a way to pre-authorize the transaction within the app I am developing by calling Pre-auth library? Currently, I'm opening register app to run pre-auth transaction which makes process slower than finishing without going to Register App.
2. Where can I find data for "close out" function in order app? We are making cash drawer in/out function in the app, and I would want it to close out the card settlement as well when draw out.
3. Is there Connector for Payment app?I was able to locate Order connector, Inventory connector, but not Payment connector.Therefore we are using api ( /v3/merchants/{mid}/orders/{order_id}/payments).Please advise me if there is any better way.
Thank you.
OrdersPaymentConnectorAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered
2) Closeout varies per merchant. Either a merchant will manually closeout or it will automatically happen at the end of the day. There does not exist a way to do this programmatically

1 + 3) I'm in the process of chasing down someone with more accurate information on this.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Justin Lee avatar image
Justin Lee answered Sukhbir Singh edited
Dear, Chanel.
Thank you for your answer.
Were you able to find someone who can answer number 1 and 3?
2 comments
10 |2000

chanel avatar image chanel commented ·

Indeed I did! While we currently do not have a PaymentConnector, you can preauth by launching a ACTION_SECURE_PAY intent. The following code will open up Secure Pay to allow the merchant to swipe a card to preauth. I hope this answered your questions. If not, please let me know!

mPreAuthButton = (Button) findViewById(R.id.secure_pay_button); mPreAuthButton.setEnabled(false); mPreAuthButton.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
@Overridepublic void onClick(View v) {
Intent intent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_SECURE_PAY);
intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_ORDER_ID, order.getId());
intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_AMOUNT, order.getTotal());
intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_TRANSACTION_TYPE, Intents.TRANSACTION_TYPE_AUTH);
startActivityForResult(intent, 1003);
}
});
0 Likes 0 ·
Sukhbir Singh avatar image Sukhbir Singh commented ·

How can we capture pre-auth amount?

0 Likes 0 ·