question

benv avatar image
benv asked Bejoy Nair answered

sideloading broken?

I uploaded a new version of my APK to the sandbox store today, and immediately thereafter could not sideload. Instead, Android Studio (and ADB) both complain about "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES".

Uninstalling and reinstalling with adb itself doesn't work, as the jars installed that way are missing the Clover certificates I need active in order to call into MerchantConnector and the like.

I have gone so far as to create entirely new applications, with entirely new package signatures (com.foo.bar1, com.foo.bar4), and can confirm that sideloading is broken for apps installed that way as well.

APKs uploaded to the store work, but having to update version codes, generate signed APKs and then do the uninstall/reinstall dance takes the Android code/build/deploy/test loop from under a minute with the local toolchain to over five minutes.

Any other suggestions on what to try to rule out programmer error?
Clover Android SDK
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bejoy Nair avatar image Bejoy Nair commented ·

benv - Were you able to resolve this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
benv avatar image benv commented ·

Bump. Today I generated a signed APK with an entirely new key, uploaded it through the Sandbox app store, and sideloading failed in precisely the same way.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bejoy Nair avatar image Bejoy Nair commented ·

Seems like a new phenomenon. It used work before. Clover just released a major updates to few apps, not sure if that is causing this. But you don't have create a new key. Just generate a signed apk with the same key and upload to the sandbox. That should do the trick..But nothing beats loading from android studio directly into the device.

0 Likes 0 ·
sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered
We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. For now, please refer to this thread for this workaround from Gabriel:
https://clover.cloud.answerhub.com/answers/9500/view.html

1. Uninstall your App using adb uninstall command, clover AppMarket app or from developer dashboard.
  2. Install your app development version directly on device(clover device or emulator). Not from app market.
  3. Go to developer dashboard(on the web), locate your application , press "Preview in App Market", press "Install button". You can not do this from App Market app on device because it detect when you install the app directly and it not show you install button

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bejoy Nair avatar image
Bejoy Nair answered
Thanks Sam and Gabriel. The solution worked for me.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community