question

softpoint avatar image
softpoint asked softpoint commented

Making Tips On Clover

How does a client add a tip to credit card payment on clover? it doesnt give me that option on clover sandbox development kit unit

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anthonypinto avatar image anthonypinto commented ·

Hi @softpoint, we are currently dealing with a bug that is preventing sandbox merchants from enabling tips. If you are still having an issue with this, please send your sandbox test merchant account name and UUID to dev@clover.com, and we can set up a workaround for now.

0 Likes 0 ·
softpoint avatar image softpoint commented ·

Thank you anthony. i just sent an email. hopefully get an answer quick. thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered softpoint commented

Whether or not the system will ask the user for tips depends on a few things. The first and most obvious is your payment settings (Settings apps > Tips > Ask for tips ...).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it could be something more complicated such as your payment gateway settings (whether or not the payment gateway supports tips).

9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your response Jeff. im in settings for my clover development kti but there is no option called APPS

would it be anywhere else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

I think Jeff meant to say Launcher > Setup > Tips

0 Likes 0 ·

great that helped!

but in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw95O...

it shows at the time of paying you being allowed to show the guest the screen in order to enter tip on payment page instead of in tips app

how do you enable that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

This is a behavior difference between Clover Station and Clover Mini/Mobile. Due to the way that EMV chip cards are processed it preferred now to ask for tip before the card is inserted. So the flow on Mini/Mobile is different, first it asks for tip, then card is presented, after approval it will ask for signature if needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community