question

mom2aboy avatar image
mom2aboy asked bryanvargas commented

Register Plan Needs Automatic Discount Functionality

On the old Clover register plan it was possible to use the happy hour app to automatically add a discount to inventory during a certain amount of time during the day. Since Clover has updated service plans throughout the years, our basic register plan has gotten so basic that, we have barely enough functionality to even get through a day of work for retailers. Being a Clover sales executive/business consultant I am constantly getting negative Clover feedback from basic retailers. Today I had a butcher shop call to tell me that they need to sell some of their inventory at a bulk discount because they had a freezer go out. They have 30 items in inventory that needs to have an automatic 30% discount applied, but since our register plan customers cannot access this functionality. My only option is to upgrade him temporarily to a counter service app, which will end up looking different for his employees to get throughout the day to sell these things through his freezer and result in a higher monthly fee to upgrade to a counter service plan. It is a disappointment that Clover system can no longer do these basic functions for a retailer. I urge Clover to start looking at these things we are getting ready to lose clients if we can’t provide these basic services. If anyone has any ideas on how to remedy this situation. If anyone has a remedy to this situation without upgrading the client to counter service plan please let me know. An upgrade is not an option for this retailer.

Discounts
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
robert12 avatar image
robert12 answered bryanvargas commented

Consider offering a temporary manual discount or exploring third-party apps for bulk discounts. Upgrades shouldn't be the only solution.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

I would also recommend that you post this idea in UserVoice or contact Clover Support; they should be able to notate your enhancement request.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community