question

heyitschloe avatar image
heyitschloe asked heyitschloe commented

How can I build onto Clover apps?

How can I build on top of an existing Clover app like the Register or Orders app? I have seen images of developers doing this online - the example images are below.

1. Is it possible to add a button or pop up modal to the an existing app?
  2. If I add custom fields to orders (similar to Register Notes), is it possible to display the fields in the order details in whichever app the order details are displayed
  3. Is it possible to have the custom order details displayed on the customer receiptscreenshot-2024-03-20-at-124810pm.png

2678-1.png

OrdersClover Android SDK
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hymanwilliam avatar image hymanwilliam commented ·

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to extend and customize existing Clover apps like the Register or Orders app. Clover provides developers with an API and SDK (Software Development Kit) that allows them to build on top of the existing functionality and add their own features.

To add a button or a pop-up modal to an existing Clover app, you would need to create a new app using the Clover SDK. The SDK provides you with the necessary tools and documentation to develop custom apps for Clover devices. Within your custom app, you can create buttons, modals, and other UI elements to enhance the functionality of the existing app like undertale yellow.

If you want to add custom fields to orders and display them in the order details, you can use the Clover API to extend the order object with your custom fields. You can then modify the UI of the Order app to display these custom fields in the order details view. The Clover API documentation provides details on how to interact with the order object and add custom fields.

0 Likes 0 ·
heyitschloe avatar image heyitschloe hymanwilliam commented ·

Thanks so much for your response! Are you aware of which api endpoint is used to add custom fields to orders? Or an example of modifying the UI to display these custom fields in an existing Clover app? @hymanwilliam

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community