question

apycroft avatar image
apycroft asked apycroft published

iframe/charge The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Building out the iframe and charge cardToken on the sandbox currently in VB.NET. iframe works, cardToken returned and when I try and POST the charge and read the response I get:

The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I've seen before and is usually fixed by setting the TLS to TLS12 with:

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol=System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12

But that has not helped. So my question us: what TLS settings should I be using? TLS13?

I have however managed to take the cardToken and POST the charge via postman. So I know my JSON/cardToekn/headers are good. It's just the handshake isn't working and I cannot see why.

e-commerce api
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

apycroft avatar image apycroft commented ·

We tried the same code on another server and got a successful payment processed. Even using TLS1.2. So something else on that server is causing the issue.

I compared the SSL certificates on both servers and they were both "PKCS #1 SHA-256 With RSA Encryption" so the same encryption level.

So what else can cause this type of issue? IIS version? Server version?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community