question

boondawgy avatar image
boondawgy asked boondawgy answered

Using the API

Hello. I am a data engineer tasked with the job to export daily sales numbers for about 15 merchants. I've been given a login so I can see these merchants, but from what I am reading, do I need to setup a developer account and publish an app to the marketplace in order utilize the api? Or is there a simpler way?

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered

if you are working with a small group, you can use merchant generated tokens to read their data. The merchant should got to Clover Help and search "API token" and review the help doc on how to get that token.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

boondawgy avatar image
boondawgy answered

Thanks. That definitely would be easier. What do you think of the following quotes from the documentation?

"Production apps must use API tokens generated using OAuth or the Clover Android SDK. Test API tokens generated from the sandbox Merchant Dashboard are intended for development and testing only. In production environments, test API tokens have additional restrictions and are more severely rate limited." --https://docs.clover.com/docs/merchant-id-and-api-token-for-development#generate-a-test-api-token

"Test API tokens that you generate in your sandbox Developer Dashboard can only be used when testing the API in the sandbox environment. Do not use these merchant tokens in the Production environment." --https://docs.clover.com/docs/generate-a-test-api-token#test-api-token

Do you feel if I don't want to publish and app to the marketplace then these warnings don't apply?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community