question

Satish avatar image
Satish asked Satish commented

App not approved for 4+ months

Hello Clover community,

We submitted our Clover web app (using REST API) for the first approval in early November 2023. The app status is still "PENDING" and "UNDER REVIEW" as of February 13, 2024) !

We have messaged the Developer Relations team (developer-relations@devrel.clover.com) multiple times, asking whether there was an issue with our submission but there has been no response. Is this normal? Does it really take more than 3 months to get a Clover app approval that doesn't even run on Clover devices (only uses REST API)? Is there any other email address that we should be communicating with at Clover? Thanks for your guidance.

app approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Satish avatar image
Satish answered

Does anybody have suggestions on how to proceed, or least get Clover to respond and tell me that they really are reviewing the app? Thanks.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered parquet76 commented

It takes time and I assume it takes a lot longer if your submission details aren't great. Have you checked your spam/bulk folders, maybe they did respond.

4 comments
10 |2000

Satish avatar image Satish commented ·
Have been checking spam mail all along and looked again, but nothing. We followed their app submission guide / checklist, added everything required, including a video demo of the app, and all the usual stuff like terms of use page, privacy policy, support page, FAQ etc. Already have developer verification completed, included adding back account etc. Contacted developer relations email multiple times, but no response. I guess we will have to pull the trigger on alternative plans.
0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 Satish commented ·
Have they ever responded? I don't see them just not responding. When did you last write them?
0 Likes 0 ·
Satish avatar image Satish parquet76 commented ·

Last they responded was when they verified our developer account in May 2023. App submitted on November 8, 2023. Sent a follow up mail on January 9, 2024 to "developer-relations@devrel.clover.com" and "appmarketbusiness@clover.com" asking if there is anything missing in the submission. No response. Another follow up to "developer-relations@devrel.clover.com" on January 9, 2024. Then another one to "developer-relations@devrel.clover.com" and "help@clover.com" (bounced) on February 6, 2024. No response. Then I posted to this forum on February 13, 2024 asking for suggestions. No response so far. Complete silence!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Satish avatar image
Satish answered

Follow up with dev relations team seems to be the only way to reach them. I'll follow up again. Thanks.

10 |2000

Satish avatar image
Satish answered Satish commented

Hello @bryan.vargas I saw you being active on other threads so I'm trying my luck here again. I submitted the app "aiSell Customer Insights" (ID: VZAHPQWY0Y5BJ) on November 8, 2023. Have been sending follow up emails to developer-relations@devrel.clover.com every month or so. Received no response so far. App is still pending review after 4+ months. Can I request you to please look into this and/or nudge the DevRel team? Thanks for your help.

2 comments
10 |2000

aakashmcoderz avatar image aakashmcoderz commented ·
Hello @Satish

Were you lucky to get any response from Clover team about the approval of your app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Satish avatar image Satish aakashmcoderz commented ·
Unfortunately, no response. Total silence. We are starting to think about abandoning integration with Clover and work with merchants who have Square.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community