question

kevin-1 avatar image
kevin-1 asked dmfitrs12 answered

API to submit signature attach with payment transactions

All,

I'm currently using "REST Pay Display API". I use API "read-signature" to get the signature. And I want to submit this signature to Clover by attach with transaction. But I can't find any API.

The reason are I don't want to keep it in our DB and I want to make this as option for customer to choose if they want signature or not.

Is there a way or API to submit signature as above?

Thanks & Regards,

Kevin

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered bryanvargas edited

A signature should automatically be attached to the transaction if the customer signs for the payment. The merchant can go back to their transactions to review the signatures.

Also wanted to provide this doc:
https://docs.clover.com/docs/payment-flow-improvementremoved-signature-as-required-cvm

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-1 avatar image
kevin-1 answered parquet76 commented

Hello @bryanvargas, thank you for your reply. But may be I have explain not nicely and it may confuse you. Let me try to go thru step by step.

Below are the API step I submitted the request.

1. Inital Auth (/v1/payments)
{
"amount" : 100,
"capture": true,
"receipt_email": "{ {email}}",
"externalPaymentId": "205d7cdcbe0b5111123456789abcdef3",
"deviceOptions": {
"disableCashback": false,
"offlineOptions": {
"allowOfflinePayment": false,
"approveOfflinePaymentWithoutPrompt": false,
"forceOfflinePayment": false
},
"cardEntryMethods": [
"NFC",
"EMV",
"MAG_STRIPE"
],
"cardNotPresent": false
}
}

2. Ask customer for Signature (/v1/device/read-signature)
{
"signatureFormat": "SVG",
"gzip": true
}

3. Now I want to take the response from 2) signature to attach with transaction on 1) payment. But there is no API to do so.

How to do as point 3?

1 comment
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·

Clover doesn't need the signature and thus has no reason to store it, if you need it your app should store it, there is no Clover API to do so. https://medium.com/clover-platform-blog/clover-semi-integration-signature-verification-no-more-waiting-on-your-payment-flow-85d535d8bf3e

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-1 avatar image
kevin-1 answered parquet76 commented

The thing is our customer would like to keep and able to check every details in Clover Dashboard. Our app just some set of API command to submit the requests.

1 comment
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·

Based on the Clover article, there doesn't seem to be much value in that, maybe send them the article - https://docs.clover.com/docs/payment-flow-improvementremoved-signature-as-required-cvm.

0 Likes 0 ·
citruspos2 avatar image
citruspos2 answered

How are you storing the data from the original v1/payments request? You seem to be correctly making a secondary /v1/device/read-signature request, so just take the result->signature->data to save into your DB in the corresponding entry for the original payment request

10 |2000

dmfitrs12 avatar image
dmfitrs12 answered

DMFitrs

Exploring an API to submit signatures attached to payment transactions is a step toward enhancing the efficiency of financial processes. Similarly, when managing utility bills like those from PESCO, having streamlined methods adds to the overall convenience. Just as we embrace technological advancements in payment transactions, ensuring a seamless process for handling PESCO bills contributes to a well-rounded and stress-free financial routine. Strike a balance between digital innovation and practical responsibilities for an enhanced online experience. Here's to the evolution of financial processes and the ease of managing bills with PESCO!

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community