question

ziaulhaq avatar image
ziaulhaq asked julia11 commented

I want to implement Clover Pay without go to the clover Authorize page for a username and password

I developed an ASP.NET Core API to integrate with the Clover API, referring to the guidelines provided at https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-oauth-20. To obtain the OAuth access token from Clover, I utilized the link https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/oauth/authorize?client_id={APP_ID}. However, I encountered an issue where Clover consistently redirects me to the login page, prompting for a username and password. I am seeking an alternative method to obtain the access code without undergoing redirection to the login page. Is there a way to acquire the access token without being redirected to the login page?

Clover MiniOAuthauth tokens
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

julia11 avatar image julia11 commented ·

To implement Clover Pay without redirection to the login page, consider using OAuth 2.0 authentication with the "client_credentials" grant type. This allows your API to obtain an access token directly from Clover's token endpoint without user interaction. Authenticate your API with your Clover application credentials and make a POST request to the token endpoint to obtain the access token needed for integration.

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered bryanvargas commented

There isn't, if the merchant is not logged into their dashboard they can't get access to your app. Plus the merchant has to install, download, and open your app to initial OAuth flow to get the necessary keys and authorization for your app.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ziaulhaq avatar image ziaulhaq commented ·

If i need to implement payment solution and my website user paying by entering their credit card then it will redirect to login page or just make the payment on the clover?

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ ziaulhaq commented ·

No, if this is only for one merchant, you can use their merchant generated token.

0 Likes 0 ·
livenom727 avatar image
livenom727 answered

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!forex robot

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community