question

sonu avatar image
sonu asked barrymcalhoun commented

We are facing problem if I am paying through credit card and doing partial refund in clover station.

We are making payment though the clover station mode : Credit Card issue below mentiona please look into this.

Cannot partially refund a pre_authorization transcation . To do a partial refund this transcation must be closed out first. Consider doing full refund and redoing the charge . Please why we are getting please inform us . and how we can do partial in case of credit card.

So please look at this and inform us why happning this.

Thank you in advance.

Payments
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

barrymcalhoun avatar image barrymcalhoun commented ·

"vibrancegui.org is the secret weapon for serious gamers. The results are remarkable."

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered sonu commented

Hello, I checked your test merchant and see the transactions are processing as AUTHs. Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sonu avatar image sonu commented ·

Hi Bryanvargas,

We checked in clover station device we can see ask for tip has been disable due to this now we are able to process as auth transcation.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered abdulmuqeet663 commented
1 comment
10 |2000

abdulmuqeet663 avatar image abdulmuqeet663 commented ·

Thanks for the solution! this is the best i was finding for very long

0 Likes 0 ·
sonu avatar image
sonu answered

Hi Bryanvargas,

Thanks for your quick response,

We are try to make payment through the clover station device but my payment done as pre auth. So how we can do payment as auth that will work for partial payment. If you have any code snipet or referance to resolve this so please shared with us.

10 |2000

sonu avatar image
sonu answered sonu commented

Hi Bryanvargas.

I hope this message finds you well,

We are waiting for your response, so please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

5 comments
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
Not sure what SDK you are using but don't use the preAuth logic, instead you have to process the payment as a saleRequest or authResquest.
0 Likes 0 ·
sonu avatar image sonu bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
We are using below line of code for auth transcation request but we are getting response as pre auth transcation. So please look into  below code and lets us know what we need do for auth transcation.

String merchantId = MPreferenceKeeper.getInstance(getContext()).getString(CLOVER_MERCHANT_ID, null);
SaleRequest saleRequest = new SaleRequest();
saleRequest.setExternalId(ExternalIdUtils.generateNewID());
saleRequest.setAllowOfflinePayment(false);
saleRequest.setForceOfflinePayment(false);
saleRequest.setApproveOfflinePaymentWithoutPrompt(false);
saleRequest.setTippableAmount(0L);
saleRequest.setDisablePrinting(false);
saleRequest.setDisableReceiptSelection(false);
saleRequest.setDisableDuplicateChecking(true);
saleRequest.setTipAmount(0L);
saleRequest.setAutoAcceptPaymentConfirmations(true);
saleRequest.setCardEntryMethods(Intents.CARD_ENTRY_METHOD_ALL);
saleRequest.setAutoAcceptSignature(false);
paymentConnector.sale(saleRequest);
Intent intent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_CLOVER_PAY);
intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_ORDER_ID, orderID);
intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_AMOUNT, amount);
intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_TRANSACTION_TYPE, Intents.TRANSACTION_TYPE_PAYMENT);
startActivityForResult(intent,111);

Thanks for your quick response,

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ sonu commented ·

Try changing the transaction type to AUTH

1. intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_TRANSACTION_TYPE, Intents.TRANSACTION_TYPE_AUTH);
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community