question

ferg93 avatar image
ferg93 asked bryanvargas answered

stock quantity on open order

I would like to know if the stockCount is updated when an order is placed or when is paid and locked?

I'm creating the order through the atomic order endpoint with the API.

Thanks for any help.

Orders
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

crawford avatar image crawford commented ·

Inventory control schedules a stock count that tracks this behavior ... late sale processing takes place to accurately update stock count quantities.

basketball stars unblocked

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered bryanvargas edited

Item stock will decrease with item sold. You can configure Clover to track stock automatically by going into the Inventory App> settings> track stock and auto decrease stock count.

If you are tracking it manually on your end, you will have to use the Update inventory item stock call with your other code logic for order creation or payments: {baseUrl}/v3/merchants/{mId}/item_stocks/{itemId}

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

victormarcel09 avatar image
victormarcel09 answered victormarcel09 edited

Some systems might choose to update the stockCount as soon as an order is placed. This ensures that the available stock is immediately reduced to prevent overselling. This approach doesn't depend on payment or order fulfillment status.

EZDriveMA

1 comment
10 |2000

ferg93 avatar image ferg93 commented ·
Hi, thanks for your response, is there a way to set this on the account? currently my stock is not being updated after I place an order through the API.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community