question

jamie avatar image
jamie asked craigreilly edited

Hosted Checkout obscuring name and email

Hello! I'm using Hosted Checkout and when I generate the request, the names and emails are all good - but in the resulting Hosted Checkout they are obscured with asterisks, and I also cannot edit the values there - any ideas?

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

acastaneda avatar image
acastaneda answered

Hi @

Are you using the hosted checkout option under Account & Setup in your Merchant Dashboard? If you customized it can you paste an excerpt of the UI code?
Thanks

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jamie avatar image
jamie answered

Yes that's the Hosted Checkout - I only customized the colors and header / footer text - I don't see any other options to customize the actual UI (other than the prev mentioned)

10 |2000

jamie avatar image
jamie answered

To add - I am then using the API to generate me a link to create the hosted checkout - passing it the shopping cart object with customer information included and getting back the URL of the Hosted Checkout - all of that works pretty well and I verified that I'm passing along the right text in the request (names and emails without any ***)

Thanks

10 |2000

jamie avatar image
jamie answered

This morning I tried to just use Postman and I am getting the same result - First Name, Last Name, and Email are all obscured like J***e and they cannot be edited

10 |2000

conradastephens avatar image
conradastephens answered craigreilly commented

If you are ok with the fields being blank and the user/client manually filling out all the fields themselves, then you can just pass in an empty object to the customer field. That is what I do :)

1 comment
10 |2000

craigreilly avatar image craigreilly commented ·
How do you avoid not passing the mandatory email address in the hosted checkout?
0 Likes 0 ·
jamie avatar image
jamie answered conradastephens commented

I just tested it and that does work - so worst case I suppose I can do that - but I'd rather be able to pass along the customer like you'd expect and not have to have them reenter the info...

Does the same thing happen to you if you pass along a customer? (*** in the names and email)

Thanks

1 comment
10 |2000

conradastephens avatar image conradastephens commented ·

It does the same thing for me. These days most people probably are using autocomplete on their forms, so it shouldn't be the worst user experience. Regardless it is unfortunate the pre-populated fields aren't editable

1 Like 1 ·
craigreilly avatar image
craigreilly answered craigreilly edited

In hosted checkout only email address is required to be sent.

What is the problem with it being obscured? (I do not agree with it being obscured, but have learned to live with it)

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community