question

parth2k avatar image
parth2k asked willhamou83 published

Clover Flex Power Button not working at all.

I have several clover flex terminals to accept credit card payments. One of the device, the power button has completely stopped working.

So only way for me to run a transaction is to place it on charger so the screen lights up, than I can key in transaction or any other options. If the terminal is not on charger and blacks out, I cannot just press the power button to bring it back up. I even tried to hold it down for like a min to hard reset but it doesnt work.

Any suggestion before buying a new one>?

Customers
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raghudesam avatar image raghudesam commented ·

Could you please share the serial number? Also, An easy workaround would be to tap on the screen to wake up device while its charging

0 Likes 0 ·
parth2k avatar image
parth2k answered raghudesam commented

SN: C04 3UQ1 2940005

Ya, we have been using that work around. I just know that when I do have to hard reboot the device when it freezes or anything, than we wont be able to do that. And we have had to reboot the device many times in the past. It does freeze now and than so....

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raghudesam avatar image raghudesam commented ·
We also have a new feature rolling out in couple of weeks, where a powered off flex2 when placed on cradle for charging can be powered on using a long press of trigger button(on the left side to open barcode scanner, in case power button is broken). I hope it can be helpful partially in your case But please reach out to customer support
0 Likes 0 ·
parth2k avatar image
parth2k answered

I did reach out to customer support via chat since noone ever calls back when you leave a message and you can never get a hold of anyone in technical support.

I hate to say it but I was pretty upset with the technical support. The only response I got was...

"The device is out of warranty so please call "phone number" for sales to buy a new one."

I would be fine with that response if I was told that if the issue can be fixed or not. Or maybe something like "you would need to buy a warrant to troubleshoot the issue". I asked several times, all I want to know is if this can be fixed or not. And again, same response about calling sales.

I do like the clover devices but I have had 0 luck getting hold of anyone in customer support from day 1. I have made several call back attempts from the device and by calling the phone number and noone ever calls back.

Anyway, I do appreciate your help in this matter. I really dont mind buying a new device if thats what it would take, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if its fixable. I have a electrical engineering background so even if I did order a new one, I would probably open it and try to fix it. But I am partial about looking for another device like clover just because of the customer support.

10 |2000

jmanes avatar image
jmanes answered jmanes published

@parth2k did you find a resolution here? We have at least 5 units doing the same thing. If I plug them in they wake up and if we keep them awake they work fine but if they go to sleep then the power button will not wake them.

10 |2000

willhamou83 avatar image
willhamou83 answered willhamou83 published

I am also dealing with a Flex with a failed power button. I would like to know if this alternative power up solution is in place now (referenced in earlier post)? Also, if my device is off, how can it receive the update?? My device isn't even two years old and the finger print scanner failed first, then the power button has completely failed.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community