question

jklevisay avatar image
jklevisay asked zgreathouse Deactivated commented

unknown customer

I take payments using clover and every now and then I cannot tie the payment back to the customer. The customer name is listed as unkown name, there is no name on the receipt... I don't want to have to have my staff print each receipt, check for a name, and then write it down if missing. And why can't I run a report of all transactions with the customer name listed?
Customers
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse commented ·

This questions seems like a Merchant question. This forum is a space for developers to ask technical questions with regards to Clover App Development and the Clover Platform. If you are a Merchant, here is your resource: https://www.clover.com/us/en/help/

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered zgreathouse Deactivated edited
Customers are not saved unless you are explicitly collecting their data and they are giving it voluntarily.

Unless you are doing the following, you can expect some transactions won't be associated with a customer:
1. Saving every customer who's order you take (which is also assuming they are agreeing to give their information every time).
2. Every time someone takes an order, the order is being initialized with a customer. ( Here are the docs for how to do this).

The endpoint to get all the orders processed for a specific customer is:
GET /v3/merchants/{ {mId}}/orders?filter=customer.id={customerId}
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community