question

jessejoh avatar image
jessejoh asked bryanvargas commented

API / Service Timeout Issues

Good afternoon,

We reported severe timeouts occurring randomly with our API account a couple of days ago to the developer relations team. I'm just writing to see if there is some sort of general issue (perhaps a continuation of service status issues seen on the 12th) that is affecting API customers, as we're not sure when we will receive a reply back.

Also, is there a general way for developers with a large amount of clients (Clover customers integrated) to receive support for an issue such as this within a reasonable amount of time for end-users (customers using Clover)? This issue is having a negative impact on our ability to serve these customers, as we've inspected all facets of our software and have determined that the timeouts appear to be out of our control.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

REST APIDeveloper Pay API
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Is there a particular API that is timing out? If you have a major issue, I do recommend emailing developer-relations@devrel.clover.com with your developer ID, app ID, and the specific details of the errors (what API, date, etc).

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
mathildarosales avatar image
mathildarosales answered jessejoh commented

Hello,

Follow up with the developer relations team: If you haven't received a reply yet, it's a good idea to follow up with them to inquire about the status of your reported issue. They should be able to provide you with more information and assistance.

Check the service status page: Many API providers maintain a service status page or a dedicated section on their website where they inform users about ongoing issues, outages, or maintenance activities. Check if the provider of your API has such a page to see if there are any reported issues.

Seek community support: Some API providers have online forums, discussion boards, or community support channels where developers can interact with each other and seek help. You can try reaching out to the community to see if others are experiencing similar timeouts or if there are any suggested workarounds.

Consider reaching out through multiple channels: If your API provider offers multiple support channels, such as email, live chat, or phone support, consider using different channels to increase your chances of getting a timely response.

Review API documentation and guidelines: Double-check the API documentation and guidelines provided by your API provider. Make sure you are implementing the API correctly and following any recommended best practices. Sometimes, issues can arise due to incorrect usage or configuration.

Monitor error logs and metrics: Keep a close eye on your error logs and any available performance metrics related to the API requests. This data can help you gather more information about the timeouts and potentially identify patterns or specific circumstances in which the timeouts occur.

Explore alternative solutions: While waiting for a resolution, you might want to consider exploring alternative APIs or solutions that could temporarily mitigate the impact on your ability to serve your customers. This could involve finding similar APIs from other providers or exploring different approaches to meet your customers' needs.

Remember, these are general suggestions, and it's best to reach out to your API provider directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the timeouts you are experiencing.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jessejoh avatar image jessejoh commented ·

Agreed RE: "it's best to reach out to your API provider directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the timeouts you are experiencing".

Though I believe this to almost certainly be an AI-generated response (using other API providers would mean switching away from Clover) I appreciate the ideas but I am here because I've exhausted my alternative ways of contacting support.

One of our customers was given advice after they called their own contacts; Clover had them uninstall the app, wait 30 minutes, and re-install. It has been working for them ever since. I'd like to know why but for now I'll just be happy they are working on a Friday

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community