question

dpierce avatar image
dpierce asked bryanvargas edited

How can I limit the time period an employee views sales data?

I would like to limit my employees access to sales data. Right now, employees have the ability to view sales reports for more than one day. I do not want them to view sales data for a month or longer OR to view historic sales data (i.e. 3 months ago or 12 months ago). How do I prevent this access or how do I limit the time period they can view?

Employees
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Are you a Clover merchant? This forum is for developers that build apps on our platform to get development assistance. If you are a Clover merchant you should contact Clover support for assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
tarafoster avatar image
tarafoster answered bryanvargas edited

Hello, To limit employee access to sales data, you can implement several measures. Firstly, review and adjust access permissions to ensure only authorized individuals have access. Secondly, segment data into recent and historical categories and restrict access to historical data. Thirdly, create different user roles with varying access privileges, assigning employees to specific roles that define their limitations on viewing time periods. Implement time-based filters in reporting systems to limit data displayed in reports to specific time frames. Lastly, regularly review access rights and adjust permissions as needed to maintain data security and compliance.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

annajuris093 avatar image
annajuris093 answered bryanvargas edited

Access Control: Set up user roles and permissions within your sales data management system. Create different levels of access based on job roles and responsibilities. Restrict employee access to specific time periods or data based on their role requirements. Time-based Filters: Implement time-based filters or date ranges within your sales data reporting tools. Configure the system to allow employees to view sales data only within a designated time period. This can prevent unauthorized access to historical or sensitive data.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community