question

cloversupportguy avatar image
cloversupportguy asked nelson answered

Cannot Create Employee using API Call (400: "No Employee Data")

I am trying to make an API call to create an employee. I am able to list employees just fine using these credentials. But when trying to create an employee from this endpoint (https://docs.clover.com/reference/employeecreateemployee) I receive the return error message of '400; no employee data'

Why would we be receiving this error message? Something to do with the permissions? Our app has full read/write permissions for all elements including employees. Can anyone tell me why this error might be happening and if it is permission related; where would I direct the client to go to update it.

REST API
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
We are unable to reproduce the error. Please send us the payload but hash out your developer keys.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
nelson avatar image
nelson answered

In the context of vatcalculatorg.com, the error message "Cannot create employee using API call (400: "No Employee Data")" could occur if there are issues with the employee data being passed through the API. For example, if the user is attempting to create an employee without including all required data fields, such as the employee's tax ID number or employment status, the API call may fail with this error message. To resolve this issue, the user would need to ensure that all required employee data is included in the API call, and that the API code is correctly configured. Ensuring that API calls are accurate and complete is crucial for the smooth operation of vatcalculatorg, and can help users to manage their VAT obligations more efficiently.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community