question

ackroo avatar image
ackroo asked valk981564 answered

Integrating 3rd Gift And Loyalty Process for Clover Online Stores

For a clover online store (not through Ecwid), is there a way for customers to use a gift and loyalty card from a third party provider in lieu of or in addition to using credit cards at the point of checkout?

Orders
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ commented ·
Are you talking about a closed loyalty system, or an open loyalty system? We have many 3rd party apps that provide closed loyalty systems; we do not allow open loyalty systems outside of debit-style gift cards, which are processed on credit card rails.
0 Likes 0 ·
ackroo avatar image ackroo Richelle Herrli ♦♦ commented ·
it would be a closed program only for merchants registered with us.
0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered Richelle Herrli commented

Our Ecommerce API and SDK do not currently support gift cards as tender. However, you could manipulate the balance outside of an Ecommerce transaction for loyalty rewards using either discounts or Payment objects.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ackroo avatar image ackroo commented ·

ok. is it possible for the merchant to customize the checkout page to include a link to our site so they can supply there login credentials and then create a discount for the order? Like an iframe or a new tab or equivalent?

0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ ackroo commented ·
Hmm, I'm unclear on the use case, but I'd recommend you use the iFrame integration instead of hosted checkout for more control over the checkout flow experience.
0 Likes 0 ·
valk981564 avatar image
valk981564 answered valk981564 published

If I have a loyalty system that generates a QR code for % off, can I incorporate that into Clover POS and generate a unique value that would reduce or otherwise edit the price at checkout? You mentioned you don't support gift cards as tender, and could manipulate the balance outside the transaction, would this be a manual adjustment or is it possible to create a custom line item reducing the bill at checkout by scanning a QR code generated by a 3rd party?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community