question

greyskymedia avatar image
greyskymedia asked greyskymedia commented

Device logs needed

I'm trying to figure out an issue in production where prints are failing. I desperately need device logs. How can I get these?

Print
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered greyskymedia commented

Logs can contain sensitive information. It's not possible for us to provide them verbatim. It would help to know a little more about what you're trying to accomplish. Normally Clover devices do not logs indefinitely.

Your app can capture its own logs. Here's a post about it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12692103/read-logcat-programmatically-within-application Of course that requires you to have somewhere to send the logs.

If you use Firebase Crashlytics you can add custom log messages to crash reports (system state, etc.).

14 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greyskymedia avatar image greyskymedia commented ·

Thank you for responding Jeffrey. The issue, I'm PRETTY SURE, is actually with Clover, not an app I've built.

I've created this thread illustrating the issue: https://community.clover.com/questions/41447/kitchen-printer-doesnt-print-then-prints-many-at-o.html

I'm more than happy to provide the device serial numbers securely to prove ownership/access. What are our next steps?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ greyskymedia commented ·
If you DM me the merchant ID and serial I can take a look.
0 Likes 0 ·
greyskymedia avatar image greyskymedia Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·
Also, as my client would clear out the oldest print order, in some cases the "next" order would begin to print. I have a video that I tried to email to you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community