question

lkong avatar image
lkong asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hosted checkout: avoid creating new customers

Hi,

I am testing hosted checkout. It seems the checkout process always creates a new customer, although the customer (based on email address, last name, first name) is already in Clover.

How to avoid that?

Thanks!

ecommerce
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidyon avatar image davidyon commented ·
Omg, didn't see that happening until you pointed it out. I'd go one step farther and ask that there be a way to never, ever create a customer via Hosted Checkout. Even if you avoid dupes, in our use case it would just poison the customer list with junk entries.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

This is the current behavior of the hosted checkout. If you need some more customization (don't want to create customer, etc.) you will need to use our iFrame.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidyon avatar image davidyon commented ·
The docs show an example where the customer portion of the checkout session is left empty. Is that allowed?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ davidyon commented ·

Yes, that request works, but the form still requires an email. You can try it and see if a customer is created. I don't have time to test it right now. If that works, great.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidyon avatar image davidyon David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Well, that creates a customer called "No Name". Just curious, does integration via Network Pay Display also create a customer as a side-effect of running the charge?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community