question

davidyon avatar image
davidyon asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Hosted Checkout Questions

I'm struggling to balance the integration of our web site with the results of a hosted checkout session. While the ability to catch a Webhook means that the site can process a definitive set of data from the transaction, the problem is that there a non-trivial amount of context bound up in an ASP.NET Session. But that Session is not available when processing the Webhook.

So I'm wondering whether our web site can simply use the Success/Failure/Cancel redirect pages to perform the processing that would normally be done by the Webhook. So, for example, is it ever the case that the Success redirect would occur when a partial payment is applied? Like $50 was able to be charged but the shopping cart specified $100. If I can make the assumption that a Success redirect only occurs when payment in full is posted, then a lot of things get enormously easier.

Thanks for any advice you can give...

ecommerce
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

I believe that we currently decline partial auths BUT that may be changing at some point in the future. So, you may be able to make that assumption now, but it probably isn't a good idea.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community