question

giyoder avatar image
giyoder asked giyoder commented

0Auth2 "Unknown Client ID"

So I see that this question has been asked multiple times. However none of them seem to be either answered or answered in a way that is helpful.

I've created a brand new developer sandbox account, as well as a merchant and app.

I've followed the instructions here https://docs.clover.com/docs/configuring-oauth-20#oauth-in-sandbox-vs-production to do a handshake with Clover to get an API token.

Step 2 works and I get an authorization code. I use that in step 3 to request an API token.

I use the APP ID and APP SECRET found on my app settings page (screenshot), and the authorization code from step 2, to request an API token.

My API token request url is as follows:

https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/oauth/token?client_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&client_secret=ALONGCODE&code=ANOTHERLONGCODE

the response is

{"message":"Unknown Client ID"}

What am I missing?screenshot-2022-04-14-104613.png

OAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered giyoder commented

You are passing your app id as the client_id, correct? I see one request today that is returning that message and in that case a valid client_id is not being passed.

7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

giyoder avatar image giyoder commented ·
Correct, I am using the App id from the app settings page.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ giyoder commented ·
The request I am seeing in our logs appears to not be passing a client_id, the request just looks like ?client_id&next_param.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
If you can provide your app id I can take a closer look.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community