question

michalpha avatar image
michalpha asked michalpha commented

Ecommerce refund charge bug!

1649893582088.png

As the screenshot above, the actual refund status should be 'succeeded', but received 'failed' at the first request of /v1/refunds.

Then I request the /v1/refunds/{refundID} immediately, and the status turned to 'succeeded'.
Please fix this bug for production! there's no issue with sandbox tho.

Meanwhile, I find out that the e-commerce private token is changing every time I view it. Please give a notice for that to avoid unexpected accidents.

e-commerce api
1649893582088.png (24.5 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

You are posting a refund, we are returns failure, then when you immediately retrieve it we return a success? How often does this happen? Is your integration for multiple clover merchants?

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michalpha avatar image michalpha commented ·
Thank you for your response. This happens in every refund in the production environment today. There was no problem a few days before, and the sandbox environment has no issue as well. We only tested on a single merchant account for production today.
0 Likes 0 ·
In addition, this type of JSON object is obviously not a failure response since there should be an error section there in the failure response.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ michalpha commented ·
Thanks for the information, I have created a ticket for the EComm team to take a look at this. I will keep you posted.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered michalpha commented

This is happening because you are using a test merchant (which is blackholed, e.g. hitting a fake gateway that blindly approves everything). This isn't happening for real merchants. I have written up a ticket but it isn't going to be a high priority because it is not impacting real merchants.

1 comment
10 |2000

Understood. Thank you for your response. My suggestion is that at least keep all the JSON responses in the formatted form (succeed format and fail format). For example, in this case, the payment and refund are not really processed based on your explanation. So the response should be formatted in a failed format with an error and message in it. Otherwise, as a developer, we need to handle the extra case that happens only in this special situation which would not happen in both production and sandbox.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community