question

alexrivas avatar image
alexrivas asked alexrivas commented

Permission Denied using USB Pay Display App

W/PosUsbRemoteProtocolService: USB connect failed

com.clover.remote.client.transport.usb.UsbCloverManager$UsbConnectException: Permission denied

at com.clover.remote.client.transport.usb.UsbCloverManager.connect(UsbCloverManager.java:161)

at com.clover.remote.client.transport.usb.UsbCloverManager.open(UsbCloverManager.java:118)

at com.clover.remote.client.transport.usb.pos.PosUsbRemoteProtocolService.connectUsb(PosUsbRemoteProtocolService.java:236)

at com.clover.remote.client.transport.usb.pos.PosUsbRemoteProtocolService.access$600(PosUsbRemoteProtocolService.java:44)

at com.clover.remote.client.transport.usb.pos.PosUsbRemoteProtocolService$4.run(PosUsbRemoteProtocolService.java:192)

at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:725)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

This is using a Station 1 with a Mini 1 both with my app installed

USB Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered alexrivas commented

You should have received an android system dialog to grant the app permission to the usb device. I don't know if you didn't see it, or didn't grant the permission. You can try to hotplug the mini and see if you get the popup to grant the permission, and/or uninstall your app and reinstall it and run it for the first time again.

13 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alexrivas avatar image alexrivas commented ·
We already accepted the dialog permission but still no luck, the POS indicates that is waiting for payment to be received on the MINI which is good but the MINI throws that error
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ alexrivas commented ·
Are you sure you accepted it and didn't cancel it? Please try doing it again via the instructions I provided above.
0 Likes 0 ·
alexrivas avatar image alexrivas David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
That dialog should be accepted on the MINI, STATION 1 or both?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
alexrivas avatar image alexrivas commented ·

@ Please you have any updates for this?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ alexrivas commented ·
I don't have time to look into this, please contact developer relations.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community